Rowupdating in gridview best muslim dating dating site
Upon modifying the values in textbox which come from Edit Item Template , the new values dont show in the event handler rowupdating(), instead I get the values which appear when the page was rendered.How do I grab the new values from these textboxes and proceed further? If I check the "Command Name" in the Row Command event, then I see that for each and every (AJAX) post back that is happening, when I click on "Update" Link button, "Edit" command is called. I need to create the user control entirely from the code behind file and hence no mark-up is allowed! Well, I concluded that there is some mysterial relationship between the Edit state of the application and my user control.If I put the grid view directly in the file and bind the events, then all of them work without any issues. May be they knew each other from their previous life and could recognise each other immediately and hence work in sync!
But we (developers working on this project) need to build it this way for some reason that can't be explained here!!! coming back to the problem, by making the above mentioned change in the way grid view binding was done, the "Update" command button stopped sending the "Edit" events so also any other events it was supposed to fire!!! In my project to know the current mode of the application in which the user is working, we make use of an enumerator with 3 states - View, Edit and Delete.
Diagnostics; namespace My User Control Heeee yeahhhhhhhh!!! Instead of binding the grid view on every post back, now I am binding the first time the control is loaded!
Or, seriously thinking, can there be a reason for this behaviour!
Hi All, I am posting again a much discussed topic related to Row Updating and Row Updated events of a gridview. Even then, the "Update" link on the user control doesn't fire "Update event" when the APPLICATION is in View state [: O]... [^o)] But I wasn't sure that this update event was actually fired...
This is because, I haven't found any solution that matches my problem, even though many of them are on the same lines. When the application was in the Edit state, I accidentally clicked on the "Update" button in my user control... so I clicked on Edit button and then clicked on the Update button (all the while my application was in the Edit state only) and the "Update events" was raised mysteriously!
- These internal user controls may either have or do not have the update panels. I know the above architecture is little screwed up and is also heavy for a web project.